Knee pain can affect everyone, regardless of age and gender. In fact, it’s a common issue that can occur in any of the bone structures making the knee joint, ligaments, kneecap, and knee cartilage.
It can vary from mild to severe that can interfere with your daily activities like walking, playing your favorite sport, climbing stairs, etc.
Knee pain can be caused by an injury, a health condition such as arthritis, obesity, or dislocation of the kneecap. So, the symptoms can vary depending on the cause.
But mainly, they include sharp and shooting pain in the knee when moving, constant pain in the joint, tenderness around the knee joint, swelling, and dull burning sensation.
If your knee pain is caused by an injury, follow the so-called RICE method.
Rest: protect the affected area by resting your leg
Ice: Numb the area with an ice compress. This will also reduce the pain and swelling
Compression: Support the injured area by wrapping it with an elastic bandage
Elevation: Use pillows to elevate the affected knee to prevent and reduce swelling
TOP TEN MORE WAYS TO REDUCE AND ELIMINATE KNEE PAIN NATURALLY.
10 METHODS TO TREAT KNEE PAIN NATURALLY
1. Cold Compress
- Ice packs are helpful in case of knee pain caused by an injury and arthritis.
- It helps reduce the pain, swelling, inflammation, and burning sensation.
- Take three to four ice cubes and put them in a flannel cloth.
- After bundling it up, place it on the back of your knee, as well as around it, while your leg is elevated and supported by pillows.
- Keep it for 15-20 minutes, and add more ice cubes if necessary.
- Do this 3-4 times daily until your swelling reduces significantly.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar helps reduce inflammation, pain, and stiffness in joints.
- Ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and cayenne pepper as an analgesic.
- Here’s how to combine them to get a knee pain relief.
- Add half a tablespoon of cayenne pepper to a ¼ cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Mix well and add half a tablespoon of the grated ginger root.
- Apply the resulting mixture to your affected knee and let it stay for 20 minutes. Then, just wash with water.
- Do this treatment twice a day, for 4-5 days until you notice an improvement.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric’s active compound curcumin help relieve joint inflammation.
- Also, turmeric contains antioxidants which speed up the process of healing of any injury.
- Black pepper, on the other hand, has analgesic properties.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with the ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, and add it in a glass of warm milk.
- Drink this remedy twice a day, for a week.
Note – Do not use this remedy if you take blood-thinning drugs.
4. Castor Oil
- This oil has powerful anti-inflammatory properties which help relieve sciatica, arthritis, and back pain.
- It works by targeting the inflamed tissues, reducing inflammation and pain.
- Massage your aching knee with warm castor oil, using circular motions. It’s best to do this before going to bed, and let it act overnight.
- Another option is to place a cotton cloth soaked in warm castor oil on the affected area and leave it overnight.
- Do this treatment every night before bedtime, for one or two weeks, until the pain reduces or disappears.
5. Mustard Oil
- The anti-inflammatory selenium found in mustard oil helps relieve joint pain, sprains, and muscle soreness.
- Combining it with the anti-inflammatory garlic will only boost its healing powers.
- Mix a tablespoon of chopped garlic with two tablespoons of mustard oil.
- Cook the oil mixture in a microwave for five to seven minutes.
- Let the oil cool a bit before using it to massage the affected knee with circular motions for a few minutes.
- To soothe the pain, place a hot compress over it.
- Do this massage once a day for one to two weeks, or until your pain is gone.
6. Gelatin & Tart Cherries
- Gelatin can relieve knee pain caused by mild osteoarthritis as it helps to increase bone cartilage.
- On the other hand. Tart cherries provide excellent anti-inflammatory effects.
- Mix half a cup of tart cherry juice with two tablespoons of gelatin, and consume in the morning.
- Do this every morning for one or two weeks, or until your pain is relieved.
7. Epsom Salt
- Epsom salt contains magnesium, and this mineral helps the absorption of calcium in your bones.
- Also, lack of this mineral can sometimes cause muscle soreness and knee pain.
- So, to boost your levels of magnesium, soak in a warm bath with two cups of Epsom salt for 20 minutes.
- Do this bath once a day, for two to three weeks until you get a pain relief.
8. Gin Soaked Raisins
- Golden raisins help relieve pain and inflammation thanks to their strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- They are also high in vitamin C and gentisic, ferulic, and salicylic acids.
- Por in enough to cover half a cup of golden raisins in a shallow bowl.
- Cover and let them soak for 7-10 days.
- Consume 9 gin-soaked raisins a day, for one to eight weeks, or until your pain is gone.
9. Black Seed Oil
- This oil is even a more powerful pain reliever than ibuprofen and Tylenol.
- Massage your aching knee with some black seed oil using circular motions.
- Let the oil stay for an hour, and then rinse it off with warm oil.
- Do this treatment twice a day until you notice an improvement.
10. Herbal Ointment
- TOP 10 SIMPLE WAYS TO GET INSTANT RELIEF FROM KNEE PAIN!Make a salve using ginger, cinnamon, sesame oil, and mastic.
- Massage your aching knee with the salve every day for a week, and you’ll soon notice improvements.
- Try these remedies and tell us which one worked best for you.
- If you know any other home remedy for knee pain relief, feel free to share with us in the comments.